Thursday, June 9, 2011

Free Satellite Television

I have been contemplating buying a "Free To Air" satellite system for some time now. They are not jammed pack with great channels. But there are enough, to make it worth not paying the "Dish" company more money every month! And I can pick up all the local stations and quite a few others. With my trusty Winegard Sensar that I just upgraded with the Winegard Wingman. Which picks up all the HD channels in the area I am in. So those combined I would have a pretty good set of channels for free. That is not even including whatever channels the rv park I am staying in at the time has on it cable system! Where I am at now I get the local major networks, PBS, RetroTV, ION, and quite a few others. So I guess I can wait till I get a few extra bucks. Till I buy a new toy to fool around with! The only thing that will be a draw back for most. Is the size of the dish. It is a one meter dish. And it does not fold up That is a pretty substantial dish. But it needs to be bigger to pick up weaker signals. But I think not having another bill is well worth the increase in dish size. And not being able to mount it on the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment